I spent the last couple of weeks building a new workstation to upgrade from my 2011 system. The Z370 chipset is for the Intel i7 8700k Coffeelake CPU. The full parts list can also be found here.
- CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
- Video: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card
- Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- Motherboard: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
- Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
- CPU Cooling: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
- Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Keyboard: Corsair - K68 Wired Gaming Keyboard
- Mouse: HP $10 Mouse
- Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Professional OEM 64-bit
In the true sense of custom builds, no part of my project comes from the same manufacturer. LOL. Well except maybe the keyboard because the Corsair keyboards were so pretty.
I'm very happy with it. It was a fun project.